The performance test is not correct. Kindly conduct performance test as outlined below:
• Turn device on and take two steps back from bed.
• Ensure the alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements).
• The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking.
• Check the alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care.
• The performance test must be conducted daily.
• The performance test should be conducted while the baby is not in bed.
• Do not conduct performance test by picking up baby out of bed and waiting for the alarm to sound.